I was thinking today of things that make me feel grown up and things that make me feel like a kid. I thought I might list some of them for you. Tell me yours.
This makes me feel like a kid:
- I still live at home with my parents.
- I don't know what I want to do when I grow up.
- Driving my parents car.
- Crying over stupid things that shouldn't matter.
- Getting REALLY sick (and having someone take care of me).
This makes me feel grown-up:
- Having a "real job."
- Driving really far to visit friends.
- Travelling with friends (sans parents). --specifically international travel...
- Carrying a purse regularly.
- Being an aunt (to 5 w/ 2 more on the way).
- Seeing my friends get married (and have kids).
- Realizing the kids I used to babysit are graduating high school, etc.
- Seeing 18-21 year olds and thinking "they are so young!"
- Paying for lunch (dinner, etc) with a credit card. (added 10-17)
I know there are a lot more, but those are the things that I thought of right away.
I would really love to hear what makes YOU feel like a kid/grown-up. Do Tell!