30 December 2005

To the driver of the grey Mercedes who passed me in a no passing zone, in the pouring rain on Petaluma Hill Road this afternoon. Let me take a moment to translate my long, unintimidating horn honk: "Why are you passing me? What possible reason could you find to pass me as I slow to avoid running into the turning car in front of me? I really don't have a problem with your freedom to do stupid things, but when you put other people in danger (including me), that makes me angry. So please don't do it." I hope that extra 10 seconds was used wisely when you got to your destination. Besides your driving skills, I'm a little concerned you may be suicidal-You did cut off a bus when you turned left (for a "shortcut" I'm sure) a few minutes later. Please, don't go through with it. Even if it doesn't seem like it at the time, there is so much to live for.

To the PG&E crew in the cherry picker (that's what they're called, right?) working on power lines. Thank You. May God bless you and protect you.

To the hundreds of other cars that drove with me or passed me going the opposite direction. I wish you safe travels. And please don't let the rain make you stupid. I've seen it happen before, I'm sure it will happen again.

To the guy who makes the rain (AKA God). Thank you for providing water to nourish the fields and the animals and us. Please be merciful in this outpouring. Protect the people in the flood plains. Protect all the drivers out there and all the workers required to work in this storm. And as we enter this holiday weekend, PLEASE keep people safe and help us all to make intelligent decisions as we celebrate and travel. Thanks.

Sincerely,

the girl in the car with the peeling paint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats so cute...how you put all of that...God Bless!