02 February 2005

Psalm 16:3

NKJV:
And to the saints who are on the earth,
they are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.

NIV:
As for the saints who are in the land,
they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight.

NLT:
The godly people in the land are my true heroes!
I take pleasure in them!

The Message:
And these God-chosen lives all around---
what splendid friends they make!

***

I had also include a Spanish version (just for good measure), but accidentally cleared the screen and decided to omit it for expedience. Let me know if you would like it and I'll post it tomorrow or something.
Now, on to what I wanted to say...No matter how you cut it (or translate it) I agree with David. The saints, the godly, the "God-chosen" are definitely my heroes. Recently, I went through a time when I was nearly always surrounded by people, yet I felt completely alone. My two best friends lived hours away and the people I saw at work on a day-to-day basis were just not at the same place in life as me--and there weren't many Christians either. Most of the Christians I saw on a regular basis were under 17 or over 40. They are wonderful, but I just felt like I didn't have the opportunity to relate to people my age who were "on the same page" as me. So, I prayed. And I asked people around me to pray, and I asked my two best friends to pray. And guess what? God answered our prayers. Within a very short period of time I was invited to three different groups of like-minded, near-my-age, Christians. One was a college group (and I kind of feel like I'm beyond that part of my life-for now-but I know the girls involved and the leader and I was really excited about it) and I never attended =(; I don't remember the second group (but I know there were three); and the third was Tribe (for those of you who don't know what it is, it is a Career Group with members from Hope Chapel in Santa Rosa). Jana, who at the time, I had known for maybe two or three weeks, invited me to come-so I did! I felt like a ton of bricks had just come off me. I was so thrilled to have people to share with; People who would uplift me; And people who visibly and audibly loved God! Initially, I thought Jana was the answer to my prayer (and she was), but she moved to Nicaragua a couple of months after we met. So, it turns out, that she was intended to lead me to this group of people. They truly are my heroes, and they do make "splendid friends." I am so blessed to be around them. I really do feel like I am a part of a tribe. And I am so glad that God answers prayer!!!

***

God, Thank you for always answering my prayers. I know that sometimes I think you are done and you're not. And sometimes I forget to ask, and you remind me. Lord, I thank you for the people that you have surrounded me with. You know when I need to be alone, Lord, and you know when I need someone with me. Thanks for the reminders on how to live life, and the encouragement that I receive from them. Lord, I pray that I might also be an encouragement to them. And perhaps even an answer to someone else's prayers. Lord, as I am reminded of her, please be with Jana. Help her to get connected in Nicaragua. Be her guide and her strength and her everything Lord. And remind her that there are so many people who love her and pray for her. I love you God. You amaze me more and more each day. Amen.

No comments: