1. I am resuming my blog (Thomas, thanks for pestering me)
2. It really does have to do about a job resume'.
Last night, Thomas' sermon was on the parable of the talents. Personally, I hate hearing this message because, at least in regard to money, I am not much of a risk-taker. I will put what I can in savings, but I have never tried hard to invest and turn a profit. I know that it's not really about the money, it's a metaphor for our spiritual gifts and so forth, but sometimes I just can't get past that part.
Lately, I have really taken to the idea of, "What if Jesus was my boss?" How would I work differently, etc. Tonight at Girls Bible Study, I tried to present this to the girls. If you could work for Jesus, what would your job be? The answers ranged from Sunday School Teacher to Recruiter to Public Relations. By the way, these girls amaze me more and more each week-I am blessed to have them around. Next, as I am currently updating my resume, I asked them to create a resume, as though they were applying for such a position to Jesus himself. I, too, created my own resume along with them. I want to share it with you.
- Go to the ends of the earth and speak God's name.
- I really, really, really enjoy traveling!
- I have a knack for languages.
- I love God and am willing to follow where He leads.
- Dominican Republic (1999)
- Project Y.E.S. (Youth Equipped to Serve) - Tijuana, Mexico (2002)
- Western Europe (2003)
- Work & Witness - Guadalajara, Mexico (2004)
- upcoming---Cambodia (June/July 2005)
- various cities and states in the U.S.
- Girl Scout Day Camp counselor/leader (1997-2001)
- Nor-Cal Nazarene Kids Kamp Counselor (2002/2003)
- Youth group leader
- Bible Study Leader
- Sunday School (all my life)
- numerous Bible Studies
- National Youth Workers Convention (2002/2003)
- I'm actually not going to list them all here, but I'd like to hope that anybody who knows me could vouch for me. Particularly those who have traveled on mission trips with me. And those I have met while serving.
Now, I still have many skills to attain, but I know God will provide, walk beside me and carry me and push me and sometimes even drag me to where He wants me to be and what He wants me to do and say. I look forward to it.
Lord God above, You gave me everything on this resume I offer you. Now, may I have the strength for when you offer me a job, to say "YES!" without blinking an eye. May I have the courage to follow you whole-heartedly and without ceasing. I love you more than anything.
AMEN!!! (That's Hot...)