19 April 2005

Day 10

Point to Ponder: Open hearts lead to open homes.
Verse to Remember: "Open your homes to each other without complaining." 1 Peter 4:9 (TEV)
Question to Consider: Have you had your neighbors into your home lately?
***
I still live with my parents, so it is a little bit more of an ordeal for me to be hospitable. I need to ask permission first. I can't just invite people over at the drop of a hat. However, I do find myself inviting people over more often. When I was in school, my friends and I rarely hung out at my house. I'm not sure why, but I just preferred to be somewhere else. I know many people who are extraordinarily hospitable -- there is always an extra person (or eight) at their house. I pray that, as possible, I can open my home willingly and often.
Question to Consider: Actually, just this past Saturday, we had a family to dinner. It was quite enjoyable.

No comments: