15 April 2005

Day 6

Point to Ponder: The greatest lesson in life is love.

Verse to Remember: "We are anxious that you keep right on loving others as long as life lasts, so that you will get your full reward." Hebrews 6:11 (LB)

Question to Consider: How can you practice love more urgently, consistently, and expectantly?

***

"It is in those that we love that we will find our greatest reward." (Devotional quote) Is the reward here on earth? Is their happiness our reward? Is it because they will reciprocate? Or is our reward in heaven? Maybe it's different in every situation. The only certainty is that our reward in heaven will be "full" -- whatever that means...
Question to Consider:
Urgently -- I need to recognize that my life on earth will end and more importantly I am not here to make it better for ME ME ME!
Consistently -- Be aware of my mood in relation to how I relate to others.
Expectantly -- I need to remind myself that love is not fruitless -- it was also created for a purpose. AMEN!!!

No comments: